The objective of the investment specialist position is to support the investment team in the tasks associated with daily management and implementation of strategy for CHST's $1.7B of assets. This individual will be a utility player for the team, and will be serving as the first point of contact for the office. The individual will be responsible for research projects, compiling information required for decision support, generation of executive summaries, designing materials, and sourcing required documents. Other responsibilities will include organizing and maintaining the team calendar, processing expense reports, coordinating travel, and ability to oversee the solution to internal technical difficulties. Management and control of the back office will be a key responsibility, as the individual continues to identify process improvements.
- Has developed breadth and/or specialized skills in a range of processes, procedures and systems, or acts as the technical expert within the discipline
- Uses knowledge of how related teams impact achievement of objectives; regularly interacts with other teams
- Provides advanced subject matter guidance to more junior team members; may allocate work to less experienced colleagues
- Identifies and solves complex problems that arise with little or no precedent
- Impacts the effectiveness of own team and closely related teams
- Develops and recommends solutions to existing challenges that can be adopted broadly within the organization
- Clearly and accurately conveys complex (potentially sensitive or controversial) information
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Acts as the first point of contact for the investment team. Must be able to represent the team in a positive manner, while clearly and accurately conveying complex and potentially sensitive information regarding the Children's Health Investment Program.
- Completes assigned research projects to collect and compile information required for decision making by members of the investment team. Presents project findings, results, and recommendations. Research and relationship building skills and software knowledge is required.
- Coordinates calls and meeting between internal and external resources to meet critical deadlines and generate investment ideas. Utilizing relationship management and portfolio management software to perform this function
- Organizing and maintain the team calendar, processing expense reports, and coordinating travel needs.
- Manage and control back office operations. Identify process improvements, and oversee rapid resolution of technical problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- At least 3 years Relevant work experience required
- At least 1 year Investment specific work required
- At least 1 year Investment research project work required
- At least 1 year Portfolio management software or other related software required
Non-Management Skills Knowledge and Abilities:
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Light - Exerting up to 20 lbs. occasionally, 10 lbs. frequently, or negligible amounts constantly and may require walking or standing to a significant degree.