Reports to Director/Manager of Operations within Supply Chain Management. Responsible for initiating and coordinating key operational tasks that impact the ability to provide the clinical teams with the medical supplies necessary to serve the needs of our customers. Maintains on hand and financial accuracy of the CHST physical inventory throughout all inventory business units within the Distribution Center as well as inventories on all campuses. Ability to gather, synthesize, summarize, and analyze data for monthly reporting of quantities on hand and dollar value by inventory business unit.
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Evaluate and maintain min/max level and re-order points for all storeroom and service center inventory business units
- Determine excess and obsolete inventory and work with purchasing to reduce or eliminate
- Responsible for monthly reporting of quantities on hand and dollar value by inventory business unit. Developing trend analysis including item usage history, dollar value by business unit, etc.
- Responsible for the research and resolution of book to physical inventory quantity variances. Perform the required inventory adjustment transactions.
- Compilation of cost incurred for expired product for all inventory business units.
- Coordinate the successful introduction of new or replacement items for those items that have been discontinued by the manufacturer. This includes communication and coordination with Purchasing representatives to identify new or replacement items, vendors, order and delivery details. Notification of the Patient Services representative of an item changes or discontinuation. Coordinating the delivery of new items or appropriate replacement items for evaluation, obtaining approval from the Equipment and Standards Committee for the item, updating the inventory information in Tecsys and/or Lawson and global notification to appropriate CHST staff of the replacement.
- Coordinate daily cycle counts of inventory for each inventory business unit and reconcile any variance between physical counts and system counts.
- Prepare reports of weekly and monthly cycle count statistics for management.
- Perform special inventory research/projects deemed necessary and approved by the AVP of Supply Chain Management, the Director of Logistics, and the Stores Manager.
- Performance measurements include: cycle count statistics, expired product statistics, implementation statistics for replacement of discontinued products and any other quantifiable measure for special projects or research, stock out ratio, inventory days on hand, turns, percentage of non-moving inventory
- Follow policies and procedures governing the handling of confidential information as defined by Children's mission and applicable laws and regulations. Review timeliness, accuracy, availability and security of information.
- Provide services in a manner to be regularly and conveniently available to meet the needs of Children's patients, families and employees as determined by department management.
- Participate in establishing job requirements and goals; perform duties at the desired level of competency.
- Maintain currency in field through continuing education, literature and seminars. Implement this knowledge into the area. Develop knowledge and professional skills through cross-training, and attendance at department meetings.
- Participate in improving organizational performance through recommending areas or approaches for improvement activities, performing new procedures, collecting data and providing input to department discussions.
- Attend required Children's training sessions, including radiation safety, laboratory safety, bloodborne pathogens and OSHA. Comply with Infection Control policies and procedures. Ensure that work areas are organized and present a safe, accessible, effective and efficient environment for employees, patients and families.
- Understands, adheres to and models Core Standards as defined organizationally and specifically within the department/unit.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience in Accounting, Finance or Operations with at least 2+ years of progressive professional level experience in purchasing or asset management, required.
- Lawson and/or TecSys experience, preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010 (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook), required.
- Advanced analytical skills with a high degree of initiative. Proficient in the use of macros, pivot tables, Vlookups, charts and graphs, required.
- Proficient in ERP system and related platforms, preferred.
- Strong project management skills with ability to translate multiple objectives and tasks and prioritize accordingly, required.
- Strong communication, presentation, writing and reporting skills, required.
- Ability to gather, synthesize, summarize, and analyze the information. Demonstrated ability to take the initiative and recommend new programs and processes under the guidance of the Director. Ability to facilitate, promote and model a professional philosophy and style consistent with CHST mission and vision. Must be responsive and have a collaborative work style. Possess the skill set to solve complex problems requiring the use of analytical, interpersonal, or technical principles and in-depth cross-functional knowledge. Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and concisely, orally and in writing. Possess the interpersonal skills to deal with conflicting views and issues and mediate fair solutions. Ability to establish and maintain a professional working relationships. Strong detail orientation and ability to prioritize work load with multiple projects simultaneously. Knowledge of demand planning and forecasting required. Advanced computer knowledge including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Experience with and thorough knowledge of ERP Systems required. Lawson experience helpful, preferred.
Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, required.
Graduate or professional work or advanced degree; or equivalent experience, preferred.
Sedentary - Exerting up to 10lbs. occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the time.