This position is responsible for identifying, evaluating, analyzing, and recommending changes in support of assigned applications/systems, including ongoing production maintenance and troubleshooting. Supports the planning, design, development, build and/or configuration of supported applications/systems; leads and/or coordinates conversions, application/system testing and documentation of system procedures; participates and provides input in training design and development and assists in training execution related to assigned projects; provides go-live support, and serves as primary point of contact for on-going production maintenance/support and troubleshooting. Participates in the on-call/after hours support schedule. Serves as Team Leader or Project Manager for small to medium projects.
- Requires in-depth professional knowledge and practical/applied expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines within the broader professional field
- Knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; demonstrates awareness of the industry, including regulatory, evolving customer demands, and the factors that differentiate the organization in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems and takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for evaluating project requests associated with field of expertise and/or systems supported, conducting current state assessments, requirements gathering and definition, future state design and application build activities. Responsible for leading implementation teams in planning, design, development, testing (unit, application and integrated), and deployment of projects, as well as contributing to development of associated training curriculum/program, post implementation documentation and production support services. Ensure systems design supports corporate policies and federal legislation, where applicable. Work with customer departments to ensure solutions to complex business issues are an appropriate fit organization-wide.
- Prepare detailed project plans. Lead Application Team in adhering to project schedules and timelines and completing projects on time and within budget. Identify and escalate issues to appropriate sponsor group, steering committee or other governing body to ensure successful implementation (on time, on budget and within scope). Responsible for facilitating change request process in relation to assigned projects. Prepare supporting documentation and present initial project requests and change requests to appropriate Change Advisory Subgroup(s). Provide weekly status updates on assigned projects. Work with Group Manager to coordinate necessary support with Project Management Office (PMO) as needed.
- Monitor, acknowledge and resolve heat tickets as assigned. Coordinate software and hardware patches, service packs, and version upgrades with customer departments and System Administrator(s). Develop and maintain documentation for system procedures.
- Log hours for project-related work in the Project Portfolio Management (PPM) system on a weekly basis. (Excluding Lab) Utilize HP Quality Center system for creating test cases and scripts, monitoring testing execution and providing documentation as required for production change control approval. Attend General Information Services (GIS) meetings, weekly Business Application Services team meetings, application team meetings as appropriate, and other meetings as needed.
- On call support (support calendar defined by Group or application suite, pager required). Ensuring the integrity, integration and stability of production system. Formulating system scope and objectives to develop or modify complex system designs. Daily checklist for servers, services, log files, backups, scheduled SQL jobs, scheduled tasks, CPU usage, monitor space, transaction logs etc. Interface maintenance and support. Ensure coordination and documentation of hardware and software support and upgrades (servers, SQL, Citrix servers, VM Ware, desktop, network, telecommunication, SAN storage, internet application, remote users). Working closely with IT resources during upgrades and issue resolutions. Troubleshoot application, process and technical issues. Identify required resources and coordinate all efforts until issue is resolved. Complete documentation as needed. Coordinate and complete tasks during unplanned downtimes including system maintenance. Support training of IS staff and end-users as needed. Direct and coordinate communication, including notification to application teams and departmental super-users and key stakeholders of scheduled and unscheduled downtimes, vendor communication, and staff communication. Daily communication with key business process owners and departmental system support staff. Explaining technical and software concepts to non-IS staff. Stay current with new application functionality and enhancements. Consult vendor support sites, discussion forums, and other sources to identify leading practices for problem resolution. Utilize vendor support site to log issues for assistance in resolution. Coordinate with Group Manger and System Administrators and customer departments to implement recommended solutions. Other duties as assigned.
- Design, develop and manage an implementation approach through use of standard project management tools such as work plans, change management tools and issues tracking. Analyze user problems, determine and recommend optimum resolution based on system capabilities and user’s needs. Consult vendor support sites, discussion forums, and other sources to identify leading practices for implementation of systems. Consult with department on enhancements to ensure integration within the existing environment. Participate in design, build, test, troubleshooting and conversions. Assume project lead responsibilities. Plan, direct, develop, and coordinate the detailed process flow, design, implementation, performance management, and documentation of software and hardware implementation. Coordinate and consult with end user departments to determine activitie and business functions of their departments. Determine requirements for system software, hardware, interfaces, and application integration. Develop project plans with system specifications based on defined requirements. Formulate and/or define project scope and system objectives through research and fact finding of internal, external and independent sources. Serve as technical leader to plan, coordinate, and develop a comprehensiv implementation plan for specific aspects and components of project integration. Develop the project plan, including definition and assignment of project tasks to team members. Establish time lines and project milestones. Monitor progress to ensure compliance with project requirements. Report project status and updates to manger and/or the Project Management Office (PMO). Serve as leader for technical, programming, support, vendor, and end user staff to determine system requirements, resource requirements, utilization, installation, implementation, and communication plans. Install and implement complex software, hardware, interfaces, and upgrades in a multiple user, networked and integrated computer environment. Coordinate and manage systems monitoring and performance enhancement activities to ensure optimal system performance and standards. Establish service level agreement metrics for supported systems based on identified objectives to meet quality standards. Provide application expertise during planning and design. Develop and maintain test plans and scripts in HP Quality Center. Work closely with Manager to manage vendor resources. Coordinate department testing efforts and communicate on a regular basis with customer. Mentor other System Analysts and assisting other Systems Analysts with more complex and difficult assignments. Identify and document current and future state analysis. Coordinate and document hardware and software installations. Other duties as assigned.
- Organizing, filing and other duties as assigned.
4-7 years work related experience required
Project management experience; direct experience related to the same or similar systems installed at Children's required
Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required