To install, program, monitor, maintain and perform tests, calibrations, evaluation repairs, modifications, replacements and installations on HVAC, chiller and boiler control systems and devices to include pneumatic, electrical, electronic and direct digital control systems. To install, program, monitor, maintain and perform tests, calibrations, evaluation repairs, modifications, replacements and installations on energy management computerize systems, field equipment including sensors and transducers in buildings and plant control rooms; troubleshoot system, identify problems and recommend changes to system; modify and delete computer programs for energy management system. Design and build Building Automation System / Building Management System graphics and program alarms relating to specific identified equipment.
- Has developed proficiency in a wide range of technical processes or procedures through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience.
- Understands the roles of all immediate team members and has a good understanding of how own team integrates with others.
- Regularly provides guidance and support to more junior team members on challenging technical problems; helps them balance their workload and apply their technical skills.
- Provides solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or occur infrequently based on defined procedures and existing precedents.
- Impacts the quality, timeliness and effectiveness of the team.
- Works within defined processes but may develop an appropriate approach for new assignments.
- Explains complex technical information in situations that may be challenging with respect to controversial subject matter or characteristics of the audience.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Installs, tests, calibrates and troubleshoots existing and new control systems, including analog and digital, metering devices, variable frequency and variable speed drive controllers, turbine and vortex flow meters, differential RTD and TC transmitters, and other devices. Uses testing and calibration instrumentation and equipment to evaluate system performance and diagnose problems. Evaluates test data and recommends needed repairs, modifications and replacements.
- Rebuilds, modifies and repairs control devices and components including valve dampers, receiver-controllers, relays, control panels, sensors, transmitters, thermostats, meters and other similar components and devices.
- Tests and analyzes the operation of HVAC and major energy-using equipment and systems such as boilers, chillers, lighting systems, etc., and determines operating conditions and efficiencies. Makes recommendations for system repairs, renovations, modifications, retrofits or replacements.
- Analyzes and documents the design, application and condition of existing HVAC and control systems. Measures and records HVAC system specifications and performance values such as air flow (CFM), air velocity (FPM), static pressure (inches of water), voltage, wattage, amperage, ohms, power (kVA, kWA) and power factors.
- Tests, calibrates and installs electric watt-hour meters, steam and water flow meters, temperature, pressure, and humidity sensors and other similar measuring devices for HVAC equipment, boilers an chillers. Develops and analyzes control strategies for the replacement or modification of existing control systems, and the design of new control systems.
- Identifies and evaluates systems and components which are candidates for improving the energy efficiency of controlled processes. Tests and evaluates new and different types of control and energy conserving products for the installation within CHST facilities.
- Develops application programming to be entered into existing Energy Management Systems, Direct Digital control systems, and other microprocessor based control systems and software programs. Must be able to work with JCI Metasys software.
- Engages and alters existing controls software programs through the use of proprietary languages. Enters new programs into control system processors and memories. Uses computer aided design and drafting (CADD) graphic software programs to design new and document existing control systems using micro-computer hardware. Builds and design graphics and graphic packages that are a representation of system equipment and operating conditions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Five years’ experience in building automation, electronic or industrial controls, required.
- Five years’ experience maintaining and troubleshooting building control related circuits and computer equipment, maintaining and troubleshooting electronic circuits and equipment and understanding building DDC Energy Management & pneumatic Control System, required.
- Experience with Johnson Controls Metasys software, preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Two-year Associate's degree or equivalent experience, required.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Medium - Exerting 20-60 lbs. occasionally, 10-25 lbs. frequently, or up to 10 lbs. constantly.