The Disaster Recovery Administrator’s role is to ensure the security and integrity of data, data systems, and data networks across the entire organization. This includes designing and implementing disaster recovery processes and business continuity procedures for re-establishing servers, databases, and operating systems in the event of a disruption, both minor and catastrophic. Conducts and analyzes disaster simulations for the prompt restoration of services, and conducts security audits where required.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct risk assessments and business impact analyses to identify vulnerable areas within the company’s critical functions.
- Recommend and implement disaster avoidance strategies and impact reduction strategies.
- Confer with IT department and other key personnel to determine if changes in hardware or software configurations affect disaster recovery plan outcomes.
- Direct and coordinate staff efforts to formulate department-specific disaster recovery plans.
- Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of contingency planning and development efforts.
- Develop and establish disaster recovery procedures for the restoration of mission-critical business applications in the event of natural disasters, technical failures, power outages, and human interference.
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of actual recovery plan implementation and efforts, including initial emergency response, recovery procedures, and business resumption processes.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and oversee enforcement of policies, procedures and associated plans for disaster recovery administration and business continuity based on industry-standard best practices.
- Inform and train staff members on their responsibilities concerning business continuity procedures and emergency response
- Ensure that company equipment, systems, services, and facility are compliant with disaster recovery plans and procedures.
- Continually conduct simulations and test runs of system disruptions in order to revise and perfect plans.
- Administer disaster recovery plan solution software (Archer)
- Scope, deploy and maintain a comprehensive data collection process that supports the disaster recovery repository for decision making and creation of technical run-books.
At least 5 years of experience creating, testing and maintaining IT disaster recovery plans required
At least 3 years of experience in healthcare emergency management or IT disaster recovery preferred
At least 4 years of emergency recovery experience, to include planning and actual events required
Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
LICENSES and CERTIFICATIONS:
Certifications in Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery preferred
Light - Exerting up to 20 lbs. occasionally, 10 lbs. frequently, or negligible amounts constantly and may require walking or standing to a significant degree.