Position Summary - 2nd Shift Opportunities Available
This job is responsible for cleaning of assigned area to meet the established cleanliness and infection control standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete routine cleaning functions in assigned area following established schedules and using prescribed methods. Duties may include, but are not limited to, dusting, vacuuming, gathering and disposing of trash and waste materials, removing linens, cleaning and disinfecting bathrooms and/or patient rooms, cleaning and disinfecting fixtures, wet mopping, and other similar duties.
- Utilize bed tracking system to identify cleaning needs; respond to pager or overhead pages, and respond and assist on emergency spills.
- Complete special cleaning projects such as carpet cleaning/shampooing, carpet extraction, floor finish removal and application, wall washing, and other similar duties.
- Inspect equipment used and clean and maintain to ensure proper functioning; have repairs made as needed.
- Record daily housekeeping activities for assigned area; record daily requests for maintenance in assigned area.
- Ability to meet physical and non-physical demands as outlined in the job description is an essential function of the job.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Assist during internal or community disasters as directed.
High school diploma or equivalent
Licenses & certifications
Minimum 6 months - 1 year of related experience required.
One (1) to two (2) years of previous housekeeping experience preferred.
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Must possess knowledge of chemicals and chemical interactions.
- Must possess knowledge and experience of floor finish application and removal, showerscrub, carpet shampooing and carpet extraction.
- Must possess the ability to read and speak English.
- Must possess the ability to communicate with others in a clear, understandable, and professional manner on the phone and in person.
- The ability to interact effectively with peers, patients/patient families, and other customers in a manner that represents Children's positively.
- Must possess the ability to maintain regular, reliable and punctual attendance.
- Must possess the ability to learn and apply new information, knowledge and experiences in a timely manner.
Heavy - Exerting 60-100 lbs. occasionally, 25-60 lbs. frequently, or up to 10-20 constantly