Assists the System Safety Officer to develop, monitor, implement, and improve Children's general safety, and procedures to help maintain and promote a safe environment for Children's patients, visitors, and employees. Also, assists the System Safety Officer in evaluating, inspecting, and surveying areas and activities to minimize potential risks. Provides training and education to departments and services within the organization in achieving regulatory/accreditation compliance with the Physical Environment (PE). Collaborates with System Safety Officer in developing and implementing processes to comply with regulatory standards.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in monitoring compliance and training of the Physical Environment chapters, to include the Environment of Care (EOC), Emergency Management (EM), and the Life Safety (LS).
- Provide knowledge to staff and enforce the rules and regulations as set forth by regulatory agencies such as: National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), as well as state and local authorities.
- Assist in planning, conducting and evaluating fire drills and environmental tours for on and offsite locations.
- Participate as a member of the Safety Committee, other various committees as assigned as well as attend meetings as required or delegated.
- Assist in development and revisions of policies and procedures to define appropriate safety management practices.
- Assist in development, revision, and maintaining educational safety programs for staff as well as conducting various training sessions/activities. Review all employee/visitor safety event reports and investigate as needed to determine potential root cause and resolution.
- Serve as a resource to department staff, medical staff, volunteers and other departments, and contribute to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care.
- Maintain current certifications, testing and inspections.
- 4-7 years of related experience, required.
- Healthcare experience, preferred
- Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, required.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Requires in-depth professional knowledge and practical/applied expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines within the broader professional field
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; demonstrates awareness of the industry, including regulatory, evolving customer demands, and the factors that differentiate the organization in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems and takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
Medium - Exerting 20-60 lbs. occasionally, 10-25 lbs. frequently, or up to 10 lbs. constantly.