The Hospital Outreach IT Program Manager will be responsible for oversight and implementation of the development of telemedicine programs, including needs assessment, development, risk management, issue management, project communication, budget tracking, and status reporting. Post implementation, ensure program systems continue to operate effectively and efficiently, and recommend program and system enhancements as needed. This position will interact with Children's team members and leaders, as well as team members and leaders from other hospitals. The program portfolio may include up to 10-12 program implementations at any given time.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and maintains accurate project documentation including detail work plans
- Successfully integrates with IS process and procedures for resource and time scheduling and tracking
- Work collaboratively with client hospital's leaders and I/S point of contact. Coordinates efforts across departments to ensure appropriate team members are involved for program success
- Manages program from affiliation contracting through go-live, technical resource and point of contact over program
- Assess program requirements. Develop and recommend feasible and sustainable solutions to meet the needs of the program and client.
- Create communication plans, ensuring that appropriate communication is exchanged among key stakeholders.
- Facilitate status review meetings among program team members and clients. Conduct progress reports/presentations with senior management.
- Working closely with client's I/S point of contact, coordinate issue/risk resolution. Identify and recommend contingency measures. Advise senior management on project capability and risk.
- Establish, monitor, and review costs, operational budgets, schedules for I/S component of programs.
- Determine, track, monitor, and report on the "health" of the I/S component of programs.
- Create technical architecture drawings
- Working knowledge to configure technical devices such as workstations and communication devices
- Ability to install and configure technology based carts and peripherals such as scopes, cameras, audio devices
- Ability to interface with technology vendors to represent IT requirements
- Working knowledge of communication methodologies
- Working knowledge of Unified Communication concepts
- Ability to field troubleshoot complex Telemedicine devices configured with multiple interfaced components i.e.; scopes, cameras, A/V devices
- Strong customer service experience with all levels of hospital staff including SLT, Physicians, and other clinicians.
5+ years project management required.
2+ years experience in working within the following systems and areas: EMR interfacing, EPIC bridging, Cisco and NuPhysicia integration preferred.
2+ years experience working within telemedicine program development and management preferred.
Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
Graduate or professional work or advanced degree; or equivalent experience preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Light - Exerting up to 20 lbs. occasionally, 10 lbs. frequently, or negligible amounts constantly and may require walking or standing to a significant degree.