This position manages application systems planning and development and support for the Laboratory. The incumbent develops short and long range application systems plans consistent with the information needs and priorities of the Laboratory, manages assigned projects and support functions for the successful completion of information systems development and modification projects on time and within budgets. This position also performs the personnel management functions required to develop and maintain a qualified and motivated staff.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
• In conjunction with the Project Management Office will develop detailed project plans to include but not limited to hardware specifications, database build and design, testing, training, and all aspects of communication; assemble project teams, assign individual responsibilities, develop project schedules and is responsible for determining and acquiring resources needed.
• Manage Information Systems project implementations within all lines of business responsibility; deliver on-time and within budget projects to completion; and maintain effective and timely communication to all parties involved in responsible projects.
• Manage staff to documented objectives. This includes project related work, training efforts, and support; effectively monitor and report all status information in a timely manner to senior management.
• Participate in development of application systems planning, development, and support across multiple lines of business; and perform other duties and special projects as required.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent direct work related experience; minimum of 5 years managing development projects.
Five to seven years of management related experience is required. This experience should include: staff management, business model planning and execution, and the development of and management to performance quality indicators.
System level knowledge of programming, OS operations, database query, and data mining experience is preferred.
Lab background and Epic lab experience preferred.
Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Skilled in all aspects of the Systems Development Life Cycle.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to understand, and document business processes
• Able to effectively present information, verbal and written, and respond to questions from groups of Managers, Customers, and peers.
• Able to use a win-win approach to resolve controversy; stays objective and fair when dealing with sensitive situations; maintains constructive working relationships despite disagreement
• Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues; able to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics; reviews facts and weighs options.
• Demonstrates technical knowledge when communicating with employees and staff; demonstrates knowledge of the relationship between technology and product design; is able to provide answers to technology related questions; is able to guide employees and staff in troubleshooting problems; understands broad and interrelated product functionality and design issues in relation to technology choices.
that Children’s Health provide for our patients and employees makes this an enjoyable place to be. As a system, there is a lot of room for professional and personal growth, with opportunities to further your education and your career.
Point of Care Coordinator