Oversees all aspects of Food Service production including Retail/Patient Services/Catering. Creative freedom to develop menu concepts and seasonal adjustment to drive customer satisfaction as well as staff interaction. Is the technical expert and trainer for food service staff. Develops and improves services to create opportunities for increased sales/revenue/contribution margins. Implements business practices that align with organizational mission, values and standards. Develops relationships to further expand the business thru professional agencies and community involvement.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drives employee satisfaction through effective rounding and follow thru.
- Manages daily operations including menu planning, purchasing, ordering, inventory and food preparation.
- Ensures food service staff have appropriate equipment, product and resources to perform their job functions to meet patient and customer satisfaction goals.
- Oversees the preparation, portion control, presentation and safe storage and handling of food.
- Ensures the kitchen, equipment, storage facilities and dining rooms are sanitary and orderly.
- Trains other food service staff to develop culinary skills.
- Manages the daily operations of the food service staff. Participates in the selection, orientation, scheduling, training and development of employees, including initiating personnel actions.
- Identifies areas of risk or potential problems and advises food service leadership. Works on resolution while keeping leadership informed.
- Provides constructive feedback and performance evaluations to employees.
- Ensures licenses and certification are current for employees.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations including Joint commission standards, CMS standards, Health Department and all applicable regulatory agencies. For example: through safety and quality assurance checks, HAACP checks, operational, and personnel audits.
- Ensures a safe working environment by providing safe-environment training and equipment maintenance.
- Manages the budget by controlling costs through labor, inventory, waste, equipment expenses.
- Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to employees.
- 5-10 Years of Field Experience, required.
- 3-5 Years Experience as Executive Chef, preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, preferred.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Food Service Manager Certification or state equivalent within six (6) months from date of hire, required.
- Food handler certification within 30 days of hire required.
- ACF (American Culinary Federation/Texas Chefs Assn.), preferred.
- CDM (Certified Dietary Manager), preferred.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Provide feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; plan and support the development of individual skills and abilities.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Medium - Exerting 20-60 lbs. occasionally, 10-25 lbs. frequently, or up to 10 lbs. constantly.