Epic Williow Intermediate Application Analyst
Reports to IS Manager within Clinical Application Services (CAS). Responsible for identifying, evaluating, analyzing, and recommending changes in support of assigned applications / systems, including ongoing production maintenance and troubleshooting. Supports the planning, design, development, build and/or configuration of supported applications / systems for all Pharmacy applications (Including Epic Willow, Talyst, QS/1, WebIDS). Participates and/or coordinates conversions, application / system testing and documentation of system procedures. Participates and provides input with training design, development and assists in training execution related to assigned projects. Provides go-live support and serves as primary point of contact for on-going production maintenance, support and troubleshooting.
Includes support for various downstream systems integrated within Epic Access based applications; including but not limited to Talyst, QS/1, and 340B vendors. Participates in on-call and after-hours support schedule as defined within the group. Serves as analyst, team leader or project manager for smaller projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design, develop and manage assigned projects through use of standard project management tools such as work plans and change management tools
• Ensure the integrity, integration and stability of applications
• Participate in on-call / afterhours support (pager required)
• Support downstream systems used in conjunction with pharmacy applications
• Coordinate with system administrators and/or operational areas as needed for application/system patches, updates and/or system upgrades
• Monitor vendor sites, attending vendor conferences and user group meetings with intention of learning new application functionality and enhancements
• Coordinate interface maintenance and support with appropriate technical teams
• Routine communication with organizational directors, managers, system administrators and end-users regarding application/system issues, resolution status and project updates
• Assist in developing and/or revising project plans for assigned initiatives; additional project management responsibilities include creating/maintaining projects and logging hours using EPM
• Assume integral role in providing guidance and direction for the design and implementation of pharmacy based applications
• Facilitate and document current state workflows and future state designs for assigned projects
• Develop and maintain application and integrated testing scripts
• Complete testing cycles (application, core and enterprise; includes coordinating with departmental super-users and obtaining customer signoff.
• Support training areas with design, development and execution of end-user training materials
• Coordinate application and/or hardware upgrades with technical teams
• Communicate regularly with any employee regarding a variety of issues related to troubleshooting, project management, ongoing production maintenance or implementation activities
• Document processes / workflows to assist department with cross-training and knowledge transfer
• Attend various meetings including departmental, application, project or others as needed
• Analyze application issues and recommend optimal resolution based on system capabilities
• Consult vendor support sites, discussion forums and other sources to identify best practice workflows for assigned projects or applications
• Assist project managers with large projects and/or lead responsibilities for smaller scale initiatives
• Plan, direct, develop and coordinate workflow discussions, design sessions and implementation strategies for assigned applications or projects
• Determine requirements for system software, hardware, interface and application integration
• Assist in formulating and/or defining project scope and system objectives through research and fact finding of internal, external and independent sources
• Assist technical leader to plan, coordinate and develop a comprehensive implementation plan for specific aspects and components for project integration
• Install and implement software, hardware and/or interfaces in a multiple user, networked and integrated computer environment
• Meet or exceed service level agreement metrics for supported applications based on identified project objectives
• Assisting other analysts with complex and difficult assignments
• Identify and document current and future state processes and workflows
• Coordinate and document hardware and software installations
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent 3-5 years direct work related experience.
• Epic pharmacy related certifications – Epic Willow (preferred), Epic Beacon a plus
• 3-5 years work related experience
• Training experience, preferred
• Pharmacy specific workflow, preferred
Specific knowledge, skills and abilities
• Ability to hear and communicate with others in a clear, understandable, and professional manner on the phone and in person; and must demonstrate use of good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to interact effectively with peers, management, hospital staff, vendors and other customers.
• Effective organizational skills and attention to detail; effective follow-through, and commitment to excellence
• Excellent time management skills
• Self-starter and possess the ability to work unsupervised
• Ability to work off-hours when required
• Effective project management skills
• Ability to take lead on given projects
• Ability to analyze user issues, determine and recommend optimal resolutions based on system capabilities
• Ability to understand and document workflows
• Ability to use win-win approach to resolve controversy; stays objective and fair when dealing with sensitive situations; maintains constructive working relationships despite disagreement.
• Strong analytical and multi-tasking skills
• System integration knowledge
• Knowledge of the following is a plus: SQL databases, database queries, client/server architecture, web-based applications, operating systems, programming, Windows servers, SAN storage.
• Ability to troubleshoot and document application and system issues
• Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), Visio and Project application knowledge