Reports to Group Manager within IT Clinical Application Services. Responsible for identifying, evaluating, analyzing, and recommending changes in support of assigned applications / systems, including ongoing production maintenance and troubleshooting. Supports the planning, design, development, build and/or configuration of supported applications / systems; leads and/or coordinates conversions, application / system testing and documentation of system procedures; participates and provides input in training design and development and assists in training execution related to assigned projects; provides go-live support, and serves as primary point of contact for on-going production maintenance/support and troubleshooting. Participates in on-call /after-hours support schedule as defined within the Group. Serves as Team Leader or Project Manager for medium to large sized projects that are owned by Clinical Application Services.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides primary production support for OpTime/Anesthesia including: OpTime and Anesthesia user access support, including SER security; troubleshooting issues with scheduling and documentation of surgical cases and logs, billing, and surgical status boards; upkeep of Lawson interface supply updates into Epic
- Lead application team in managing small projects and participates on multiple project teams in support of OpTime/Anesthesia. Identifies and escalates issues to appropriate sponsor group, steering committee, or other governing body to ensure successful implementation (on time, on budget and within scope). Responsible for facilitating change request process in relation to assigned projects. Provide weekly status updates on assigned projects. Work with Group Manager to coordinate necessary support with Project Management Office (PMO) as needed.
- Takes lead roles in projects/events consistently. Provides leadership to others through coaching, mentoring, training and supporting less experienced or others new to the organization. Assists managers in providing orientation for new hires and those new to IS. Assists in coordinating go-live events, participates in Sev 1 events, and takes ownership in departmental committees and task force efforts. Provides back-up coverage for team and systems in manager’s absence.
- Evaluate project requests associated with field of expertise and/or systems supported, conduct current state assessments, requirements gathering and definition, future state design and application build activities. Lead implementation teams in planning, design, development, testing (unit, application and integrated), and deployment of projects, as well as contributing to development of associated training curriculum/program, post implementation documentation and production support services. Ensure systems design supports corporate policies and federal legislation, where applicable. Work with customer departments to ensure solutions to complex business issues are an appropriate fit organization-wide.
- Provides data courier assistance in support of Epic OpTime/Anesthesia
- Participates in Epic Integration Testing for upgrades and bi-monthly SU’s for the OpTime/Anesthesia modules.
- Maintains thorough documentation and follows all change management policies and procedures.
- 3 - 4 years’ work related experience required
- Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
LICENSES and CERTIFICATIONS:
- Epic OpTime or Epic Anesthesia Certifications required.