Supports the planning, design, development, build and/or configuration of supported applications / systems; leads and/or coordinates system testing and documentation of system procedures; participates and provides input in training design and development and assists in training execution related to assigned projects; provides go-live support, and serves as primary point of contact for on-going production maintenance/support and troubleshooting. Participates in on-call / after-hours support schedule as defined within the Team. Serves as analyst and/or project manager for small to medium sized projects owned by Epic Access Applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Requires in-depth professional knowledge and practical/applied expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines within the broader professional field
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; demonstrates awareness of the industry, including regulatory, evolving customer demands, and the factors that differentiate the organization in the market
- Solves complex problems and takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Ensuring the integrity, integration, and stability of production support for Grand Central, Prelude, Cadence, Referrals, and Welcome applications
- On call support which may include after-hours
- Developing and revising project plans for assigned projects and associated project management responsibilities including creating and maintaining projects in EPM, logging project time in EPM, and providing regular status updates
- Facilitate and document current state assessments and future state design activities in support of assigned projects
- Application design and build activities, including Scheduling, Registration, Referral/Authorization, Bed Management support
- Developing and maintaining test plans and scripts
- Completing testing cycles (unit, functional and integration testing); Includes coordinating with departmental super-users and obtaining customer signoff
- Troubleshooting and issues tracking for systems
- Formulating system scope and objectives to develop or modify complex system designs
- Strong written and oral communication skills required. Clearly communicate with any staff member regarding a variety of issues related to troubleshooting, project management, ongoing production maintenance, or implementation activities.
- Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, required
Licenses & certifications
- Epic Certification or Proficiency, Grand Central, Prelude, Eligibility (RTE), Cadence, Referral/Authorization or Welcome, preferred
- 2+ years Epic system analysis experience (ADT/Grand Central, Eligibility/RTE, Prelude or Cadence) preferred
- Project management and effective communication skills, preferred
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to hear and communicate with others in a clear, understandable, and professional manner. Demonstrated use of good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with peers, management, hospital staff, vendors, and other customers.
- Effective organization skills and attention to detail; effective follow-through, and commitment to excellence.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Change management skills.
- Ability to work after hours when required.
- Effective project management skills.
- Strong analytical and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience participating in system installation projects including design, build, testing and conversion.
- System integration knowledge.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), Visio and Project application knowledge.