Provides round the clock oversight, O&M Management, leadership, technical direction and performance management for a major utility system or plant operation within Engineering (i.e., steam generation, chilled water, HVAC , plumbing, medical gas, etc.) Ensures the above operate at optimal levels of productivity and competence. Provides leadership and management for a functional area and team, responsible for round the clock, 24/7 management of the equipment and onsite staff, is the subject matter expert (SME) for the individual plant systems, may frequently require work outside normal business hours, timesheets, personnel evaluations, goal setting and goal progress evaluation,(computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) organizing work and completing work orders. Responsible for the daily activities and task performance of the engineering workers. Develop, cultivate and maintain relationships with staff, the Facility Managers, clinical staff, patients and the patient's families.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead, assign and coordinate work performed by direct reports; evaluate work for acceptability and compliance with applicable regulatory, safety, quality , and productivity standards.
- Assist manager in developing goals aligned with needs and goals of the facility
- Knows and has a great working knowledge of at least functional area of Engineering- Functional areas include: Electrical, Plant, Maintenance, Painting, general construction
- Assist manager in recruiting, interviewing and selection of staff and recommend staffing and personnel changes as needed
- Manages timekeeping (schedules and Kronos). Approves time off requests
- Works on a daily basis with other leaders to understand issues that are going on within the buildings.
- Has experiential knowledge of most aspects of operations.
- Attends all manager training courses.
- Meets with each member of team on quarterly basis. Writes and submits PEACs with the input from Facility Manager. Has knowledge and input on all aspects of HR requirements, sets area/team goals
- Ensure staff work toward department goals of the department and works to remove barriers when needed.
- Writes, reviews, and implements policies and procedures.
- Trains team on the existing systems to ensure competency. Develop competency tests so training can be verified.
- Resolves personnel issues with input from HR and management as appropriate.
- Interfaces with Facility Managers to ensure projects, Corrective Work Orders and Preventative Maintenance Work Orders are completed in a timely fashion.
- Ensures appropriate staffing matrix to provide high quality results and meet productivity standards
- Works with Facility Manager when limited staff resources are available to decide if the project needs to contracted out
- 5 years of hospital maintenance experience required
- 2 years of supervising staff and projects required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Two-year Associate's degree or equivalent experience, preferred
LICENSES and CERTIFICATIONS:
- Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM), preferred
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Provide feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; plan and support the development of individual skills and abilities.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
LICENSES and CERTIFICATIONS:Certified Healthcare Facility Manager (CHFM), preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Light - Exerting up to 20 lbs. occasionally, 10 lbs. frequently, or negligible amounts constantly and may require walking or standing to a significant degree.