Responsible for leading a technical team of high-functioning professionals consisting of system administrators, developers and analysts. This position also will guide ongoing development, maintenance and acquisition of data from a multitude of internal and external source healthcare systems and payers into an integrated platform, including its related reporting and data analytics. Additional responsibilities include planning, directing, organizing, staffing and controlling development and systems life cycle management (system / technology selection, contract negotiation, implementation, production support and retirement). Oversight of all technical, training, project management, change management, testing, resource and budget functions as they relate to development efforts. The Director works with organizational constituents to use technology to reduce medical errors, improve quality and patient safety and to support daily clinical and financial operations. The Director managers a staff of approximately 10 employees and up to 5 consultants and guides their efforts toward achievement of quality, strategic and business objectives.
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Provides technical recommendations for continued integration platform development and expansion.
- Leads and guides cross-functional teams for solution development and implementation having a broad impact on operations, processes and project or organizational objectives.
- Monitors team and project progress and provides direction and course corrections along the way.
- Accountable for results of assigned team(s) and system performance.
- Able to provide leadership and mentoring to direct reports facilitating teamwork, knowledge transfer and other group enhancing efforts.
- Communicates status, priorities and expectations with key stakeholders internal and external to the department or organization in relation to new and ongoing initiatives.
- Analyzes key trends and input from individuals and team members to make meaningful changes that directly and significantly affect short-term results
- Develops long-term plans and strategies for area of defined responsibility aligned with established functional strategies, and works with subordinate managers to operationalize and execute the strategy
- Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Licenses & Certifications
- MCSA, MCSE or other development certification preferred
- Strong experience with system and/or workflow integration of disparate healthcare systems using HL7, X12 EDI, XLM schemas and other standards
- Experience managing multiple application or technical support teams in a fast-paced environment
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Translate strategic priorities into operational reality; align communication, accountabilities, resource capabilities, internal processes, and ongoing measurement systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measureable and sustainable results.
- Identify and drive organizational and cultural changes needed to adapt strategically to changing market demands, technology, and internal initiatives; catalyze new approaches to improve results by transforming organizational culture, systems, or products/services.
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Establish and commit to a long-term business direction after considering clinical and financial data, resources, market drivers, and organizational values; anticipate and respond to shifts within the market, technology, or policy environment that influence the delivery, management, and financing of healthcare.
- Provides feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; plan and support the development of individual skills and abilities.
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Interact with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
- Demonstrate a poised, credible, and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect; convey and image that is consistent with the organization's vision and values.
- Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicate in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others' attention.
- Vividly communicate a compelling view of the future state in a way that helps others understand and feel how business outcomes will be different when the vision and values become a reality.
Sedentary - Exerting up to 10lbs. occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the time.