This position will be responsible for leading a team for the Foundation's communication and stewardship efforts. This includes developing, implementing, and maintaining strategies for positioning Children's Health as a "cause of choice" in the region through traditional and emerging communications, marketing and public relations channels, and donor stewardship communications and programming. This position is also responsible for the strategic integration of consistent messaging across the Foundation, which requires collaboration with all colleagues. This position will also collaborate daily with the Children's Health Marketing & Communications team. This position oversees several high level professional positions and agency(ies), including those responsible for publications and collateral, web content, general and social media, and stewardship for donors of all levels.
- Typically provides leadership to managers and /or higher - level professional staff
- Typical span of control: Administrative 5-8, Clinical 6-8, Support Services 6-8; e.g. Admin: Fin, IT, Legal, HR, Public Affairs; Support Services: EVS, Security, Engineering, Food Services
- Typically, accountable for the performance and results of multiple teams performing related activities
- Develops long-term plans and strategies for area of defined responsibility aligned with established functional strategies, and works with subordinate managers to operationalize and execute the strategy
- Communicates priorities and expectations, monitors progress, and provides direction and course corrections along the way
- Makes decisions guided by resource availability and functional objectives that affect the results of the function
- Analyzes key trends and input from individuals in the team to make meaningful changes that directly and significantly affect short-term results
- Establishes budgets and holds subordinate managers accountable for managing to achieve expected financial results
- Works on cross functional teams to develop and implement solutions that have a broad impact on the organization's operations and processes
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Manage team of communications professionals and agencies toward measurable success within budget and with consistent direction and focus. Collaborate with Children's Health Marketing & Communications team.
- Create a compelling philanthropic voice for the Children's Health brand that can be integrated into all Foundation communications and throughout the prospect/donor journey.
- Develop and implement marketing / communications / PR strategies to ensure success of the Foundation's fundraising goals. Establish publications (print and/or digital) appropriate for current and future audiences. Help build an interactive, informative website for the Foundation to make giving easier and to educate the public about the cause.
- Oversee the creation of a fully integrated, robust stewardship program for the Foundation in partnership with the Director, Information Management.
- Serve as writer and editor for CEO, Foundation President and other Foundation staff for speaking engagements.
- At least 7 years of related experience with management experience required
- Public relations, marketing, communications experience required
- Development industry experience preferred
- Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Degree in Marketing or Public Relations preferred
- Graduate or professional work or advanced degree; or equivalent experience preferred
Management Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Translate strategic priorities into operational reality; align communication, accountabilities, resource capabilities, internal processes, and ongoing measurement systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
- Identify and drive organizational and cultural changes needed to adapt strategically to changing market demands, technology, and internal initiatives; catalyze new approaches to improve results by transforming organizational culture, systems, or products/services.
- Establish and commit to a long-term business direction after considering clinical and financial data, resources, market drivers, and organizational values; anticipate and respond to shifts within the market, technology, or policy environment that influence the delivery, management, and financing of healthcare.
- Vividly communicate a compelling view of the future state in a way that helps others understand and feel how business outcomes will be different when the vision and values become a reality.
- Provide feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; plan and support the development of individual skills and abilities.
- Interact with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
- Demonstrate a poised, credible, and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect; convey and image that is consistent with the organization's vision and values.
- Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicate in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others' attention.
- Sedentary - Exerting up to 10lbs. occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the time.