The Director for Ambulatory Operations will provide leadership for Ambulatory Services with specific administrative oversight over Clinic Managers, Program Managers, and Team Leaders responsible for care delivery in our new Cityville location. This individual will be responsible for clinic and business operations and overseeing the execution of short and long term strategies to support organizational goals pertinent to clinical areas. They will ensure programs are developed, design organizational strategies and coordinate resources to expand and improve specialized pediatric patient care services.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee operations of assigned service lines; ensure compliance with standards of clinical care; maintain accountability for quality, safety, service and operational excellence. Also initiate, monitor, and champion change where opportunities for improvement or enhancement have been identified.
- Responsible for building and leading a high -performing team of practice and program managers and team leads as well as overseeing people management activities for assigned clinics, including staffing, performance management, professional development, clinical competency , and regulatory compliance.
- Provide direction and guidance to clinical managers/team leaders in the management of staff, including performance management, coaching/mentoring, training, professional development. Plan, develop and implement departmental strategic plan, goals and annual budget.
- Develop strategic plan(s) for assigned service lines/clinical divisions; lead development and implementation planning process for program/service development and expansion.
- Work closely with Children's leadership, medical directors, physician providers and other clinical staff to establish collaborative approach to excellence in service and clinical care, optimal outcomes, and efficient resource utilization.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- 5 - 7 years of related experience in clinic and/or business operations required.
- Management experience in a clinical environment required. PT/OT/Speech background is a plus.
- Five years management experience that includes strategic planning, business development, and experience building and leading high performing teams required.
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Graduate, professional work, advanced degree or equivalent experience preferred.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Translate strategic priorities into operational reality; align communication, accountabilities, resource capabilities, internal processes, and ongoing measurement systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measureable and sustainable results.
- Identify and drive organizational and cultural changes needed to adapt strategically to changing market demands, technology, and internal initiatives; catalyze new approaches to improve results by transforming organizational culture, systems, or products/services.
- Establish and commit to a long-term business direction after considering clinical and financial data, resources, market drivers, and organizational values; anticipate and respond to shifts within the market, technology, or policy environment that influence the delivery, management, and financing of healthcare.
- Vividly communicate a compelling view of the future state in a way that helps others understand and feel how business outcomes will be different when the vision and values become a reality.
- Provides feedback, instruction, and development guidance to help others excel in their current or future job responsibilities; plan and support the development of individual skills and abilities.
- Interact with others in a way that gives them confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
- Demonstrate a poised, credible, and confident demeanor that reassures others and commands respect; convey and image that is consistent with the organization's vision and values.
- Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicate in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others' attention.