Oversees the content strategy and maintenance of digital assets and presence for Children's Medical Center Foundation. Works with Foundation leadership to drive business goals through optimization of digital content and assets as they relate to business goals and tracks the metrics relating to those goals. Reports regularly to the organization on progress. Responsible for managing the digital expression of the Foundation brand through various communications pieces targeted to donors and potential donors.
- Requires in-depth professional knowledge and practical/applied expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines within the broader professional field
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; demonstrates awareness of the industry, including regulatory, evolving customer demands, and the factors that differentiate the organization in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems and takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Know and understand the digital needs of assigned area(s) of responsibility. Continually evaluate digital content/assets to improve digital communications through digital channels including, but not limited to, website SEO, social media and email. Execute and improve upon the online content including copy, images, videos, social media, email communication, etc. Adapt and prioritize delivery based on resource constraints and strategic priorities. Make decisions in conjunction with the CAO and Communications Team and technical colleagues/developers. Maintain, communicate, and execute strategy.
- Collaborate with the Children's Health marketing team to drive Foundation engagement through channels owned by their team such as social media and email. Agree upon the digital efforts, document and pass requirements onto developers or colleagues. When the developers or colleagues have made the updates, test the changes and ensure desired quality is met. Responsible for the end deliverable and routing new developments through all necessary channels, including third-party vendors or other teams, to meet goals. Oversee production to ensure efficient use of resources and quality. Ensure performance, results and quality of digital outcomes. Provide guidance, coaching and feedback to vendors and/or colleagues who are collaborating on the execution of digital solutions. Maintain and communicate timeline expectations to teams to ensure deliverables are met.
- Develop and monitor performance metrics for digital that are aimed at driving operational outcomes and are aligned with the Foundation's goals. Review metrics and outcomes and continue to enhance deliverables to best meet users' needs. Report on these metrics regularly to Foundation leadership.
- Stay abreast of digital trends and make recommendations when innovation is required to keep up with consumer demands on new media channels.
- Engage in regular testing and optimization of our content and assets to drive visits, engagement, and fundraising.
- Works with other members of the Foundation communications team to write communications pieces, primarily for but not limited to, the website and email communications.
- Experience with hardware and software; PC operation (basic hardware and operating system) advanced proficiency required.
- Experience using content management system for website content creation and updates required.
- A minimum of 3 year’s experience using HTML/ CSS required.
- Experience working within a fundraising environment is preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.