Responsible for the operation and maintenance of complex imaging equipment to produce high quality images according to established standards.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 6:30am - 3pm
- Has developed proficiency in a wide range of technical processes or procedures through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience
- Understands the roles of all immediate team members and has a good understanding of how own team integrates with others
- Regularly provides guidance and support to more junior team members on challenging technical problems; helps them balance their workload and apply their technical skills
- Provides solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or occur infrequently based on defined procedures and existing precedents
- Impacts the quality, timeliness and effectiveness of the team
- Works within defined processes but may develop an appropriate approach for new assignments
- Explains complex technical information in situations that may be challenging with respect to controversial subject matter or characteristics of the audience
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Perform imaging procedures and produce high quality diagnostic imaging; maintain consistent knowledge and skill levels to meet diagnostic evaluation expectations; complete documentation of all activities according to established criteria; and adhere to department/hospital policies, procedures and processes regarding quality improvement, safety, patient flow and other issues. Operate and maintain imaging hardware and software.
- In Ambulatory, responsible for producing all imaging necessary to meet the requirements of all research plans in the Pediatric Imaging Center. Provide assistance to end users who need to use the imaging equipment for their practice.
- Participate in training programs to develop additional skills and/or enhance existing skills; obtain/maintain appropriate licensure and certification; and perform other duties and special projects as required.
- Communicate and collaborate with other departmental staff to facilitate optimum patient care; participate / cooperate with all other department / hospital processes and activities as appropriate.
- Direct - Indicates that the person in the position directly provides care, treatment or services to the patient. Ex: Nurses, Physical/Occupational Therapists, RCPs.
- Minimum 1-2 years of job related experience required
- Proficient in a bio-medical imaging and scientific environment preferred
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences. Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Two-year Associate's degree or equivalent experience preferred
Licenses and Certifications:
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in Radiography ® within 60 days of hire required
- Texas Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) license within 60 days of hire required
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers (CPR and AED) required
Medium - Exerting 20-60 lbs. occasionally, 10-25 lbs. frequently, or up to 10 lbs. constantly.