Working closely with Foundation Leadership, the Development Coordinator manages specific development projects which includes the planning, coordination of all logistics, implementation and evaluation of these projects. This position works closely with different organizational business partners at Children's Medical Center regarding development projects. This position attends relevant functions in the community, maintains a working knowledge of pertinent government regulations, and participates in the overall strategic planning for the Development department. The Development Coordinator provides customer support to internal customers as well as Foundation Board members, community leaders, Children's Senior Leadership Team, prospects and donors; and provides support for the fulfillment of program goals.
- Requires experience in own professional discipline to appropriately apply own knowledge; broadens own professional expertise and acquires higher level skills
- Understands key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work
- No supervisory responsibilities but may provide informal guidance to new team members
- Solves problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions using professional/technical experience, judgment and precedents
- Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team; works within guidelines and policies
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
- Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Must possess excellent project management skills, thoughtful leadership and good verbal and written communication in order to effectively develop, plan, and implement specific development projects and program duties.
- Provide crucial input on project budgeting, as well as, maintain financial accountability and timely coordination for assigned projects while evaluating success and making recommendations for improvement.
- Represent Children’s in the community at relevant functions; building and sustaining strong, effective relationships with peers, business partners, Children's Senior Leadership Team, and internal partners.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of all relevant government regulations affecting assigned projects and program duties while providing significant supportive role to Board Committees. This includes, synthesizing board committee communications and responding to committee questions on behalf of CAO/VP. Setting up appointments with board committee members for CAO/VP and getting important data entered and producing reports for committee meetings.
- Participate in the Development department’s strategic planning process with Foundation leadership.
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of Development programs, including: provide research on current and potential prospects; prepare proposals for submission; and track and report donor intent, all of which is integral to the Foundation's fund raising goals and initiatives.
- Act as a solutions provider and customer services representative to potential donors, prospects, and internal customers while providing some administrative support to the existing Development programs.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- At least one year of relevant experience required.
- At least three years or related experience preferred.
- Experience working in a nonprofit organization's development office preferred.
- Experience in fund raising preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Sedentary - Exerting up to 10lbs. occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the tim