This position is responsible for responding to all client requests for break fix calls, other client support needs as assigned by the Help Desk through the call logging system to the Warranty Services team. This position provides 1st and 2nd level problem resolution & mentoring for Desktop Technicians as required. Other duties are new hardware and software installation, configuration, troubleshooting and documentation. It would be expected of this position to provide customer service for all Children's Health clients. This position is responsible for participating in the creation of service level agreements for the service provided by the desktop client services team to Children's Health clients.
Job Specific Responsibilities
Respond to all Children's Health Client requests for break fix calls, other client support needs as assigned by the Help Desk to the Warranty Services team through the call logging system. Determine whether IT assets need to be repaired or replaced.
- Respond to requests assigned in a timely manner as defined in SLAs, following all applicable Desktop Client Services policies and procedures.
- Respond to pages from the CMC Helpdesk, Desktop Client Services Manager, IT Assets Manager and other members of the information services team in a timely manner
- Coordinate and work with vendors to resolve problems and/or obtain information in support of CMC IT assets.
- Document troubleshooting, installation, repair and movement of all desktop related equipment in the CMC environment.
- Identify problems and implement fixes for application or hardware problems that may exist in the end user environment.
- Clearly update HEAT assignments with all relevant documentation.
- Assist in the documentation of desktop solutions, hot fixes and procedures.
- Update HEAT assignments for resolution / solution.
- Provide ier 2 support level for Trouble Shooting Techs.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Licenses & Certifications
A+ certification required as well as other technical certifications preferred for Hardware & Software solutions.
At least 3 years desktop/hardware technical support.
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Windows various OS
- Novell Groupwise and Client
- MS Office products
- Anti-Virus products
- Help desk problem tracking software
- Internet Explorer
- Citrix Metaframe
- PDA solutions
- Knowledge of various personal computer hardware including but not limited to Compaq and Dell.
- Preferred knowledge of configuring, troubleshooting and repairing various models of printers in a Netware & Microsoft environment
- Knowledge of hardware configuration issues and excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of various PDA solutions & configuration – Wireless Technology
- The ability to hear and communicate with others in a clear, understandable and professional manner on the phone and in person; and the demonstrated use of good written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to interact effectively with peers, customers and vendors in a manner that represents Children’s positively.
- Effective organizational and time management skills with attention to detail; effective follow through and commitment to excellence.
- The ability to provide clear and accurate procedures and the ability to train other staff members.
- The ability to analyze, identify and resolve problems.
- The ability to configure, document installation procedures & demonstrate PDA solutions.
Heavy - Exerting 60-100 lbs. occasionally, 25-60 lbs. fre