Develop and apply technical expertise in one or more IT disciplines that supports Children's technical infrastructure. Provide support and maintenance to Children's staff and the technologies they leverage on a daily basis. Ensure the stability, usability, and day-to-day functionality of technologies within the position's purview.
Job Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide exceptional customer service and support relative to technologies within position's purview.
- Respond to and resolve requests for service within established Service Level Agreements.
- Provide technical support for hardware, software, and other end-user technologies implemented at Children's.
- Provide technical support to customers across various Children's campuses including Dallas, Plano, and MyChildren's
- Drive company and/or personal vehicle between various Children's locations to service and/or install equipment
Specific knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
One or more years of experience as a Desktop Support Technician or similar role required.
High school diploma or equivalent required; additional training beyond high school required.
Two-year Associate's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Certification and/or License
CompTIA A+ Certification, or obtained within the first month of employment required.
Valid unrestricted driver's license and proof of insurance required.
Light - Exerting up to 20 lbs. occasionally, 10 lbs. frequently, or negligible amounts constantly and may require walking or standing to a significant degree.