This position is responsible for responding to all CMC Client requests for break fix calls, other client CMC support needs as assigned by the CMC Help Desk through the call logging system to the Warranty Services team. This position provides 1st and 2nd level problem resolution and mentoring for Desktop Technicians as required. Other duties are new hardware and software installation, configuration, troubleshooting and documentation. It would be expected of this position to provide customer service for all CMC clients. This position is responsible for participating in the creation of service level agreements for the service provided by the desktop client services team to CMC clients.
This position will be primarily located in the corporate headquarters primarily with some travel to various locations (Plano, Carrollton, Dallas campus, remote clinics).
- Has developed breadth and/or specialized skills in a range of processes, procedures and systems, or acts as the technical expert within the discipline
- Uses knowledge of how related teams impact achievement of objectives; regularly interacts with other teams
- Provides advanced subject matter guidance to more junior team members; may allocate work to less experienced colleagues
- Identifies and solves complex problems that arise with little or no precedent
- Impacts the effectiveness of own team and closely related teams
- Develops and recommends solutions to existing challenges that can be adopted broadly within the organization
- Clearly and accurately conveys complex (potentially sensitive or controversial ) information
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Respond to all CMC Client requests for break fix calls, other client CMC support needs as assigned by the CMC Help Desk to the Warranty Services team through the call logging system.
- Determine whether IT assets need to be repaired or replaced. Respond to requests assigned in a timely manner as defined in SLAs, following all applicable Desktop Client Services policies and procedures. Respond to pages from the CMC Help Desk, Desktop Client Services Manager, IT Assets Manager and other members of the information services team in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and work with vendors to resolve problems and / or obtain information in support of CMC IT assets.
- Document troubleshooting, installation, repair and movement of all desktop related equipment in the CMC environment. Clearly update HEAT assignments with all relevant documentation.
- Identify problems and implement fixes for application or hardware problems that may exist in the end user environment.
- Assist in the documentation of desktop solutions, hot fixes and procedures. Update the HEAT assignments for resolution / solution.
- Provide Tier 2 support level for Trouble Shooting Techs.
- At least 3 years of desktop/hardware experience required
- Windows (Various OS), Novell Groupwise and Client, MS Office products, Anti-Virus products, Help Desk problem tracking software, Internet Explorer, Citrix Metaframe and PDA Solutions experience required
Non-Management Skills Knowledge & Abilities:
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- A+ Certification, as well as other technical certifications for Hardware and Software required
- Heavy – Exerting 60 – 100lbs. occasionally, 25 – 60lbs frequently, or up to 10 – 20 lbs constantly.