This job is responsible for providing telephone support to customers by performing level I and II troubleshooting techniques and resolving customer issues related to the entire data processing system. This position is responsible for supporting the portfolio of active applications (currently in excess of 1,300 business and clinical applications) for a customer base that includes internal customers, vendors, patients and their families, community clinics, referring physicians, and others (currently numbers approximately 14,000). In addition to phone support, this position is responsible for providing onsite support resolving, or appropriately escalating, customers' technology issues; coordinating process improvements across teams and departments; data center monitoring and operations; and understanding operational workflows. This position provides front line support to ensure that the organization's compliance and information security policies are enforced, ensuring compliance with those policies and procedures.
Job Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer telephone calls and/or provide on-site support for users relating to software, hardware and network issues; investigate nature and scope of problem by asking relevant questions and analyzing the facts to determine appropriate solutions. Appropriately document interactions in the call tracking system.
- Identify, assess and resolve problems through research, vendor contact or contact with other department staff; analyze software, hardware and network functionality to assist in troubleshooting user issues; perform data security and account management.
- Perform data center monitoring activities including incident identification, resolution analysis, and escalations as appropriate.
- Identify process inefficiencies and improvements. Work with team members to develop improved processes, working with other teams as needed to ensure excellence in customer support and issue resolution.
- Maintain a log of calls and enter calls into the call tracking database; develop standard and ad-hoc reports from the call tracking database for management use; ensure user inquiries and issues are assigned to the appropriate staff; follow-up with callers to ensure that problems have been resolved.
- Maintain technical expertise for all approved and installed applications in order to support user community through participation in educational programs, current literature, inservice meetings, workshops or other methods.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
Specific knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Minimum 3-5 years Service Desk, Desktop Support, or related technical experience required.
Healthcare experience preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Two-year Associate's degree or equivalent experience preferred.