The full time shift is 1:00pm-9:30pm.
Prepares food items from a recipe. Is able to adjust/develop recipes as needed to provide a good quality product. Portions, arranges, and garnishes food for specialized events. Works in collaboration with the Cook I and gives guidance as needed.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares food based on recipe instructions and customer request.
- Follows catering orders to determine type and quantity of food needed. Makes adjustments to food items to accommodate guests with allergies.
- Portions arranges, garnishes food for display in retail locations and catering orders.
- Assist in Training Cook I.
- Collaborates and supports the Cook I to ensure recipes are followed and prep work is complete.
- Operates various kitchen equipment.
- Assist Sous Check with planning, coordination, and other tasks as assigned.
- Maintain cleanliness and proper operation of all kitchen equipment.
- Observe and maintain required sanitary levels throughout the food preparation process; ensure that foods meet standards for quality, freshness, taste and appearance.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
LICENSES and CERTIFICATIONS:
Obtain Food Handlers Certification within 30 days of hire, and maintain current status thereafter. required.
- 3 to 5 years previous experience in food preparation, required.
High school diploma or equivalent, required.
Culinary Degree, preferred.
Medium - Exerting 20-60 lbs. occasionally, 10-25 lbs. frequently, or up to 10 lbs. constantly.