Accurately and efficiently prepares meats, fish, starches, vegetables, soups and various hot and cold items as needed for Catering, Patient Services and Retail Dining. Maintain the highest levels of sanitation while observing standards and practices set forth by the organization, THD, JAHCO and CMS. Assist with menu development, organization, cleaning and additional department duties.
- Has developed skills needed to perform a range of day-to-day activities
- Understands how the assigned duties relate to others in the team and has a basic understanding of how the team integrates with others
- Manages own workload by applying an understanding of team priorities; may provide assistance to less experienced colleagues
- Recognizes and solves typical problems that can occur in own work area; evaluates and selects solutions from established options
- Exchanges straightforward information in routine situations
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Preview menus and BEO's to determine type and quantities of foods to be obtained and prepared.
- Assist in preparing, seasoning and cooking foods utilizing proper cooking methods and techniques for all food service customers.
- Assist with station setup's in Catering, Patient Services, Production and Retail Dining appropriately to ensure timely delivery of products.
- Maintain cleanliness and proper operation of all kitchen equipment.
- Observe and maintain required sanitary levels throughout the food preparation process; ensure that foods meet standards for quality, freshness, taste and appearance.
Specific Knowledge and Skills:
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Indirect - Indicates that the person in the position is responsible for a product (including information) or service that is involved in the patient’s course of care, treatment or service. Ex: Clinical Social Workers, Patient Access Representatives, Language Access Services Representatives
Licenses and Certifications:
- Food Handler’s card - Preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent - Preferred
- 1-2 years previous experience in food preparation