Coordinates, administers, implements and assists in specific assigned contracting activities. Adheres to Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) portfolio for all applicable purchasing agreements. Coordinates analysis of bids and assists in implementing contract compliance activities related to contracts assigned. Assists departments in the administration of supply/equipment and/or service contract portfolio, contract compliance and utilization reports. Directly interfaces with departments and vendors on supply and equipment contracting issues. Utilize multi-faceted knowledge of purchasing practices with a large number of products (2400-5000), including uses and market purchasing costs. Effectively budgets time, works efficiently and accurately and follows procedures with minimum supervision. Assists in preparation of budget projections, which will be consistent with accomplishing overall fiscal expectations.
- Requires in-depth professional knowledge and practical/applied expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines within the broader professional field
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; demonstrates awareness of the industry, including regulatory, evolving customer demands, and the factors that differentiate the organization in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems and takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Maintains in depth knowledge of GPO contracts and solid knowledge of other GPO product category programs
- Maintains in depth knowledge of Children's specific local contracts and effectively utilizes Lawson Contract Management
- Facilitates assigned supply/equipment contracting utilizing either GPO or local contracting methodologies
- Assists in ensuring optimal participation in GPO agreements to maximize price savings, rebates, and commitments
- Serves as the contact for assigned supply/equipment sales representatives, vendors and distributors regarding system contracts
- Coordinates visits of representatives with the appropriate managers and physicians adhering to Children's Vendor Compliance Program
- Utilizes approved contracting templates for developing and negotiating Children's specific agreements where needed
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers; evaluates bids and proposals and makes award decisions in collaboration with key stakeholders and business owner; reviews and interprets vendor contracts for accuracy and completeness
- Manage contracts with suppliers to ensure supplier compliance; analyzes supplier change requests to existing contracts and recommends changes or revisions
- Participates on procurement sourcing teams for research, bid and contract management of supplies and services. Participates in strategic planning to target future cost savings with appropriate vendors and stakeholders
- Tracks markets to anticipate customer needs, makes changes according to those needs and the impact to existing contracts or development of future contracts; monitors inflation and its impact on forecasting
- Evaluates supplier performance through review of reports, business meetings and customer feedback; resolves issues and implements solutions to address negative supplier performance
- Tracks all cost savings, increases, and avoidances
- Maintains the EFS ("Ensuring Financial Stewardship") Initiative Tracker and Actual Savings Dashboard to distribute and report to Executive Leadership on a monthly basis
- Acts as a liaison between Children's Health System of Texas (CHST) and suppliers to implement fulfillment of contracts
- Facilitates resolution of disputes with supplier to ensure optimal customer satisfaction
- Coordinates the integration of new suppliers and new or revised contracts into Lawson Contract Management electronic database
- Create and review reports showing status of contracting activity including RFI and RFPs issued/responses/awards
- Utilizes Lawson Strategic Sourcing tools in the development and management of RFIs and RFPs
- Collaborates with Children's Legal team on redlined contract terms and conditions as well as other legal related items and terms
- Prepares with input from key stakeholders Request for Information; Request for Proposals; and other bid requests; analyzes RFI, RFP and bid responses based on pre-agreed criteria; prepares summaries and coordinates review and decision recommendations
- Minimum of seven years contracting related experience with at least two years in healthcare related field preferred
- Must have significant ability to utilize spreadsheets; excel; and other databases required
- Must possess advanced analytical and negotiating skills required
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Four-year Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
Licenses & Certifications:
- Sedentary - Exerting up to 10lbs. occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the time.