This position is responsible for providing psychological services under the supervision of a CMC employed licensed professional. At manager's and CMC supervision's discretion and based on the service area, services provided may include performing diagnostic interviews; providing individual and family therapy (if deemed appropriate within the individual's role and practice area), group therapy, play therapy, providing consultation services, providing parent education, participating in research projects, providing care coordination services, and providing direct care to patients within the milieu. Services may be provided in inpatient and outpatient medical and psychiatry service areas.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide evaluation and treatment services to patients and families with complex psychosocial needs; provide crisis intervention and emergency services as needed. These services will be provided under the supervision of a licensed professional.
- Contribute to the teaching mission of the hospital by working with faculty, staff and trainees and participating in learning opportunities.
- In inpatient and partial hospitalization service areas, may provide patient care within the milieu under the supervision of an RN. Responsibilities include daily management and direct patient care of assigned patients: interacting therapeutically with patients during all activities; orienting patients and families to the unit; developing behavioral programs in collaboration with the treatment team; providing a safe environment for patients, self and others; assisting wtih learning activities and behavior management; reporting patient response to treatments and medications; obtaining vital signs, heights, and weights; intervening in crisis situations; and documentation of patients progress and response to treatment.
- Case management and disposition arrangements.
- Contribute to program development and research activities
Minimum 1 - 2 years of job related experience required.
Minimum 3 - 5 years of job related experience preferred.
Graduate or professional work or advanced degree; or equivalent experience required.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Meet patient and patient family needs; take responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; use appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
LICENSES and CERTIFICATIONS:
- Completion of a Masters Degree in Counseling or related field required.
- Licensed Professional Counselor - Intern, or Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist - Associate, or Licensed Masters of Social Work required.
- Initial Pediatric Prevention and Management of Aggressive Behaviors (PPMAB) training must be completed within 60 days of hire and renewed annually required.
- Basic Life Support - Health care provider course (BLS) certification must be completed within 60 days of hire and renewed every 2 years required.
- Spanish language proficiency preferred.