POSITION SUMMARY: Part time position. 20 hours per week (Seeking a candidate who can work 2 eight hours shifts and one four hour shift a week
The Care Coordinator Assistant is responsible for coordinating the clerical process of discharge arrangements. Coordination includes necessary involvement in scheduling follow-up appointments, arranging home health needs, arranging patient transport, closing and completing patient cases during utilization review, faxing pertinent information to outside vendors and payers, interacting with patient families (as needed), and completing any other tasks (within department guidelines) requested by the Care Coordinators.
The Care Coordinator Assistant is a member of the multi-disciplinary team and works closely with the Care Coordinators, Utilization Management Specialists, payers and external providers to coordinate the management of the patient discharge process.
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports discharge plan implementation under the direction of the Care Coordinator which may include, but is not limited to the following: - Faxes payers - Calls vendors, physician offices, clinics, etc. - Arranges for durable medical equipment - Arranges transfers and transportation - Coordinates and schedules home health needs - Identifies community resources - Completes appropriate discharge documentation - Arranges PCP/specialty appointments - Updates FACE sheets - Assist with transfers and transportation
- Identifies patients to be completed and/or closed out in MIDAS system. Ensures timely transfer to pertinent information to third party payers. Close out cases in Midas identified by the Care Coordinator
- Collects data at the direction of the CRM, Department Director or Team Leader. Performs and coordinates other administrative data as needed.
- 3 years of relevant experience, preferably in a healthcare or service environment, required.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Sedentary - Exerting up to 10lbs. occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the time.