The incumbent in this position acts on behalf of internal customers to interact with group purchasing organizations, distributors, manufacturers, vendors, healthcare facilities and other entities to procure medical and non-medical supplies and equipment; professional and non-professional services, capital equipment and construction requirements needed to allow both clinical and non-clinical staff members deliver excellence in healthcare.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Product Sourcing: Assist customers in defining their needs and evaluating specifications to prevent restrictive or proprietary specifications whenever possible and to ensure full and open competition. Ensure funding authorization and other required approvals have been received.
- Value Analysis: Perform cost, price or revenue analysis and evaluate offers for best value as appropriate. Utilize Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) contract to ensure contract compliance and realize best available pricing based on historical purchasing trends.
- Purchase Orders: Issue purchase orders and contracts within signature authority. Prepare purchase orders, contracts and other procurement documents for approval by Director as necessary.
- Administrative Record Keeping: Document procurement files completely and accurately. Includes but is not limited to confirmations, email communications, facsimiles, backorder notifications, shipping notifications, substitutions, product discontinuations and pricing verifications. Maintain Procurement files in accordance with Policy and Procedure.
- Customer Service: Answers internal and external customer inquiries related to requisitions, purchase orders and products. Utilizes email, telephone and face-to-face communications to obtain requests and / or requirements and then investigates and answers / resolves customer inquiries / issues.
- Contract Administration: Establish Service Agreements in support of repetitive requirements bound by contractual agreements. Monitors service agreement performance and makes recommendations on renewal or termination of contract upon expiration of contract term. Act as the liaison between the vendor and the customer base in developing and administering contracts and in resolving all related issues.
High school diploma or equivalent required; additional training beyond high school, required.
2-3 years of experience, preferred.
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Sedentary - Exerting up to 10lbs. occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the time.