*This position is a Part-time/PRN position. The Part-time/PRN hours are between 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday - Friday as needed. This position may be assigned to work at either the Dallas, Plano or Southlake locations as needed.
Conduct the scheduling, registering and financial process initiation for out-patient appointments within the ambulatory clinics. This position is accountable for delivering excellent customer service, obtaining accurate information for the beginning process of the financial system, and accurately scheduling patients with the most appropriate service and provider. Results expected are patient and provider satisfaction, in addition to complete, accurate data for appropriate financial outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Has established skills to perform a range of day-to-day activities
- Understands how own duties relate to others in the team and has an awareness of how the team integrates with others
- Manages own workload by applying an understanding of team priorities; may provide assistance to less experienced colleagues
- Recognizes and solves typical problems that can occur in own work area without supervisory approval; evaluates and selects solutions from established options
- Impacts own team through the quality of the service or information provided; Follows standardized procedures and practices and receives regular but moderate supervision and guidance
- Uses foundational communication skills to exchange straightforward information
- Receive appointment requests
- Identify existing Medical Record Number (MRN) or create new MRN
- Obtain correct demographic information as related to insurance information, etc.
- Determine in/out of network, uninsured, under-insured, need for financial counseling
- Offer financial screening to patient / payer
- Triage / prioritize initial patient diagnosis referral using standard operating procedures
- Complete and manage work queues in Epic
- Review hospital services and Hospital Account Record (HAR) accuracy
- Register donors and research participants
- Monthly review of Daily Account Record (DAR) for Medicaid mismatches, research and obtain valid insurance authorization or refer to financial counseling
- Obtain authorizations for admissions, liaise with access center
- Facilitate diagnostic and ancillary scheduling
- Review existing pre-visit orders, link when necessary
- Check patients in / out
- Make follow up appointments
- Prepare and distribute new patient reminder letters
- Organize and prepare patient packets, schedules, etc. for upcoming day's activities
- Apply (drop) charges in system to support clinic financial statistics
- Complete daily provider utilization grid
- Warm call reminders regarding upcoming appointment(s)
- Collect co-pay amounts from patient guardians
- Order supplies for clinic or department
- Link and/or release patient orders (lab, therapy, etc.) in system
- Complete and process consent forms
- Provide phone management support for ambulatory clinic or department
- Understand and perform to iCARE standards for customer service
- Complete referral authorization during call, if possible. If not, create referral shell for PCP to verify the insurance referral
- Schedule multidisciplinary visits
- Template management
- Train other employees
- Committee involvement
- High school diploma or equivalent, Required
- Two-year Associate's degree or equivalent experience, Preferred
Licenses & Certifications
- CHAA Certification, Preferred
- 1 -2 years of job related experience, Required
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.