This position is Mon-Fri, 7:30am-4:00pm.
This position is responsible for department cash operations, posting and processing accounting transactions and completing a variety of clerical duties in support of the Accounting operations in the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reconcile cashiers' deposits and deposit daily in the cashier office.
- Maintain all safes and cashier banks to ensure cash operations compliance.
- Prepare and post journal entries based on accumulated data.
- Generated reports according to established cash operations guidelines and time frames.
- Reconcile invoices and send to the appropriate catering personnel.
- Perform clerical duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent, required.
Two-year Associate's degree or equivalent experience, preferred.
One to two years of related experience in accounting/cash operations, required.
Two to three years previous experience, preferred.
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Maintain effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjust effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interact with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one's intentions.
- Ensure that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; craft and implement service practices that meet customers' and own organization's needs.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; compare data from different sources to draw conclusions; use effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; take action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Take prompt action to accomplish objectives; take action to achieve goals beyond what is required; be proactive.
- Deal effectively with others in an antagonistic situation; use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people.
- Effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Set high standards of performance for self and others; assume responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self impose standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Assimilate and apply new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Clearly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Light - Exerting up to 20 lbs. occasionally, 10 lbs. frequently, or negligible amounts constantly and may require walking or standing to a significant degree.